- For elective course descriptions, click here.
- For a complete listing of English Department course offerings, please visit the CUNYfirst Schedule of Classes.
- If you have questions, contact our Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Sian Silyn Roberts.
- In order to preregister, English majors must:
Preregistration for undergraduate English majors and minors will take place in Klapper Hall Room 601 on Monday Oct 29, 12-3pm; Tuesday Oct 30, 11am-3pm; and Wednesday Oct 31, 12-2pm. A full course list is now available for review on CUNYFirst, and detailed course descriptions will be posted in the coming weeks on the bulletin board on the sixth floor of Klapper.
Students are also invited to submit requests for preregistration via email during these dates only (sent to email@example.com). Emailed requests MUST include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s CUNYFirst ID number
- The list of requested courses (up to three for the Spring semester, and one for the Winter session)
- The four or five digit course code of each course
Email requests received before the preregistration period begins, or that don’t contain all the required information, will not be processed.
MA and MSEd students can preregister by visiting with the Director of Graduate Studies (Professor Caroline Hong) or the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies (Professor William Orchard).
MFA students can preregister in person with the Director of the MFA program (Professor Nicole Cooley) during her office hours, and by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The advisement record form lists the requirements for the English major. If you are an English major, you need to fill it out before preregistration by listing the courses you have already taken or plan to take. The form needs to be signed by a full-time faculty advisor before preregistration.