- For the undergraduate course bulletin, click here.
- Elective course descriptions can be found here, and are posted on the bulletin board on the sixth floor of Klapper Hall.
- For a complete listing of English Department course offerings, please visit the CUNYfirst Schedule of Classes.
- If you have questions, contact our Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Sian Silyn Roberts.
- In order to preregister, English majors must:
Undergraduate Advisement for Summer and Fall 2020
If you need advisement on your courses, please visit Sian Silyn-Roberts on Wednesday, March 11 from 11am-4pm, in KP 604.
Monday, March 16, 12.00pm-2.00pm, Room 604, Klapper Hall
Tuesday, March 17, by email for students in good standing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wednesday, March 18, 10.00am-4.00pm, Room 604, Klapper Hall
Preregistering by email. Only undergraduate students in good standing may preregister by email.
Please include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s CUNYFirst ID number
- The list of requested courses (up to three for the Spring semester, and one for the Winter session)
- The four or five digit course code of each course
Emails received before the preregistration period beings, or that don’t contain all the required information, will not be processed.
A full course list is now available for review on CUNYFirst, and detailed course descriptions are posted here and on the bulletin board on the sixth floor of Klapper Hall.
MA Advisement for Fall 2020
MA students may preregister with Caroline Hong Wednesday, March 11 from 2.30pm-4.40pm or William Orchard on Tuesday, March 10 from 3.00pm-4.30pm and 6.30pm-7.00pm. You can also email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
MFA Advisement for Fall 2020
MFA students may register either by email (email@example.com), or see Prof. Cooley on Wednesday, March 18, 4.30pm-6.30pm in KP 702
The advisement record form lists the requirements for the English major. If you are an English major, you need to fill it out before preregistration by listing the courses you have already taken or plan to take. The form needs to be signed by a full-time faculty advisor before preregistration.