- For elective course descriptions, click here.
- For a complete listing of English Department course offerings, please visit the CUNYfirst Schedule of Classes.
- If you have questions, contact our Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Sian Silyn Roberts.
- In order to preregister, English majors must:
Undergraduate Advisement for Spring and Winter 2020
Monday, October 21 2.00pm-5.00pm, Room 601, Klapper Hall
Wednesday, October 23, 2.00pm-5.00pm, Room 601, Klapper Hall
*these are drop-in hours, so no appointment is necessary. I cannot register you during this meeting, but I am happy to offer any advisement you may need.
A full course list is now available for review on CUNYFirst, and detailed course descriptions are posted on the bulletin board on the sixth floor of Klapper Hall.
Students are also invited to submit requests for preregistration via email during these dates only (sent to email@example.com). Emailed requests MUST include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Student’s CUNYFirst ID number
- The list of requested courses (up to three for the Spring semester, and one for the Winter session)
- The four or five digit course code of each course
Email requests received before the preregistration period begins, or that don’t contain all the required information, will not be processed.
MA Advisement for Spring 2020
MA students seeking advisement should email the Director of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Assistant Director (email@example.com). Prof. Hong will also be available for preregistration and advisement on Wednesday, October 30, 2.30pm-4.30pm, Room 604, Klapper Hall; Prof. Orchard will be available on Tuesday, October 29, 4:00pm-6:00pm in Room 637, Klapper Hall. Students may also preregister by email.
MFA Advisement for Spring 2020
MFA students seeking advisement should email the Director of the MFA Program (firstname.lastname@example.org). Prof. Cooley will also be available for preregistration and advisement on Wednesday, October 30, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Room 702, Klapper Hall. Students may also preregister by email.
The advisement record form lists the requirements for the English major. If you are an English major, you need to fill it out before preregistration by listing the courses you have already taken or plan to take. The form needs to be signed by a full-time faculty advisor before preregistration.